Twitter Facebook Youtube Facebook

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Small Beginnings

"Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin..."
Zechariah 4:10 (NLT)

Are you at the beginning of something? Or are you in the middle of trying to begin again? This verse struck me as I listened to it this morning. At first, I thought it was because I was at the beginning of something new, but then I tried to dig deeper beyond my gut feeling. Often times, I want to skip the beginning and get to the end result. My new year's resolution of dropping those extra, unwanted pounds is hard work, and I would rather it just be gone.  Nature doesn't work that way. 


God doesn't work that way either. The principles of our universe don't work that way.  Remember learning about inertia in science class? If you suppressed that memory, here is what it is:


"a property of matter by which something that is not moving remains still and something that is moving goes at the same speed and in the same direction until another thing or force affects it"

Basically, if something is not moving, it will remain that way until something acts upon it. If it is moving, another thing can affect it. Notice this principle is no respecter of size. 

To God, size doesn't matter either. God rejoices to see the work begin and specifically says He rejoices in the small things. I'm not sure where you are at or what might be waiting to begin in your journey – it doesn't matter, just start.

Written by Chip Kelly
Territorial Lay Leader
Development Bureau Director

0 comments:

Post a Comment