Twitter Facebook Youtube Facebook

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Making the Connection


In my line of work in the IT field, I am always trying to make the connection. When working with others concerning their computer issues, my mind is on what caused the problem. The issue is only a result of what the actual problem is, whether your e-mail isn't working, you can't connect to the internet, the phone is not working, or you can't find the power button on your computer (just kidding on the last one!). There is always a reason why something isn't working or responding the way it was dynamically built.

We were dynamically built according to Psalm 139:14 which says we were fearfully and wonderfully made with a connection to God, but because of the fall of man in Genesis 3, we became disconnected from God through sin (disobedience).

At times, a computer is not going to perform to its potential if it's not making the connection with other internal hardware and software components. If one component fails, it affects the whole computer. Then, the computer has to be analyzed to determine what caused it not to print, open up a Word Document, and in some cases, not turn on.

I believe, just like computers, people will not work properly if we do not make the connection. Our peace should not be predicated by what is going right in our life but by our connection to the One who gave us life and life more abundantly (John 10:10). Our joy should not be determined by things that happen to us but by our relationship to the One who has written our name in the Lamb's Book of Life (Luke 10:20). Our love should not be measured by mere words but connected to the Word that was made flesh (John 15:13).

The only way that a computer can work properly and perform at its best is to make sure that the hardware is compatible with the software, or else you can expect disappointing results. We as people must also make the connection in order to function properly the way we were designed. I believe until we make the connection with Jesus, we also should expect disappointing results.

Are you tired of being disappointed, hurt, disconnected, abandoned, alone, malfunctioned, or just powered off? I have a connection solution just for YOU! Just repeat these wonderful words: "Father, I know you love me and sent Jesus to forgive me of my sin and to take my place in the judgment of sin.  I want to invite Jesus into my heart. I want to make that connection with Jesus. I want to make that connection to God’s plan for my life, and I want to make that connection with heaven. Thank you, Jesus for making my connection!"

Written by Terrell Curry
IT Help Desk Analyst

3 comments:

  1. You're not only IT, you are IT! Well said, Terrell, and many more blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Terrell, You are a blessing to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Word Brother! you are a blessing to us!

    ReplyDelete