Twitter Facebook Youtube Facebook

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Keep Calm, and I'll Fight

A very popular image being used on posters all over the world is that of a crown with the phrase "Keep Calm and Carry On" written underneath it. This phrase was coined by an unknown civil servant to be a moral boost to citizens of the United Kingdom during the perils of World War II.

Like our friends in England during the Second World War, we too are under siege. The difference is while the British were being bombed, we are at war with sin and hell. Knowing this way back in 1912, General William Booth is reported to have given his famous "I'll Fight" speech.
 

"While women weep as they do now, I'll fight. While little children go hungry, as they do now, I'll fight. While men go to prison, in and out, in and out, I'll fight. While there is a drunkard left, while there is a poor lost girl upon the streets, while there remains one dark soul without the light of God, I'll fight. I'll fight to the very end!"

Society is changing. Sin is now seen as acceptable. People are justifying sin as a part of society and believe that as society changes, what God views as sin changes along with it. I must emphatically disagree. Malachi 3:6 says, "For I am the LORD, I do not change." Not convinced? How about Hebrews 13:8, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." God's word, God's views, God's love, God's will NEVER changes because God himself never changes. He is perfection, as is his will and his law.

Society is not going to get better without some fighting. Not physical fighting, but true engagement in spiritual warfare. This may scare you. People are afraid to send their children to school, to go to the movies, and even leave their homes let alone engage their secular friends in conversations for Christ. But I have a message for the timid: Keep calm, and I'll fight. I'm not alone in this. The Salvation Army is full of fighters on the streets you wouldn't want to walk down, in the neighborhoods you're afraid to drive through...Where there seems to be no hope, no light, we will fight.

The message is for today's society and future generations. As the chaos of this world consumes you, I'll fight. As sin guides you in your views, I'll fight. While there remains one soul reaching out for the redeeming blood of Jesus, I'll fight. So, everyone just Keep Calm, and I’ll Fight.


Written by Bramwell Applin
Community Relations Manager

0 comments:

Post a Comment